We evaluate the current collection quality through the following tests, as required by the standards mentioned above:
- Simulation:Pantograph-catenary interaction simulation software.
- Evaluation of the contact forces between the pantograph head and the catenary: the pantograph is instrumented in CETEST facilities and calibrated in a special test rigs for pantos. You can see further information about our instrumented pantograph.
- Wire uplift: the catenary is instrumented at different points. Vertical displacement is monitored and evaluated according to the limits established in the standards.
- Measurement of arching: the number and duration of the arcs generated during the operation are measured. The parameters are analysed in accordance with EN50317 yielding the information required to evaluate the current collection quality.
Other panto tests:
- Check of operating system at maximum speed: isolation distance.
- Measurement of static force.