Several measurements can be made to verify heating and air conditioning performance. These include different heating and cooling cycles according to client needs, passenger heat simulation, etc. Amongst others, we carry out the following tests:
- Vehicle heat transfer testing (determination of k coefficient / UA-value); both in suitable prepared rooms at the client’s production facility and in our own climate chambers.
- Vehicle pressurisation and leak detection.
- Air balance testing (fresh air flow and HVAC flow return measurements).
- Air speed measurements inside the vehicle.
- Consumption measurements.
- Evaluation of HVAC system performance and thermal comfort.
- Functional tests on different components subject to extreme climatic conditions.
- Thermal measurements and problem-solving services for components (brake discs, wheels, compressors, transmission systems, heating systems).
- Correlation of CFD simulations in prototypes.